- Communication Resume
- Courier Resume
Couriers are responsible for delivering packages, goods and documents from one location to another. They are hired by government agencies, private delivery companies, healthcare settings, or various institutions. Some even work independently and offer courier service to their clients. If you are looking for a courier position in a healthcare facility, your courier resume should highlight solid time management, organizational, safe driving, customer-service, and multi-tasking skills along with a relevant work experience. In that case, the resume would not just be a courier, but medical courier resume. So to draft it, you have to list experience of transporting medical records, specimens and other supplies to and from the healthcare facility, loading and unloading materials into vehicles, driving delivery vehicles, maintaining proper records or documentation of delivering items and transportation, reporting safety incidents to supervisor, following suitable routes for on-time delivery.
Sample Courier Resume
Anthony K. Feldman
1896 Bridge Avenue
Los Angeles, CA, 90002
Seeking a Courier Supervisor job position with Mohawk Healthcare where I can make the most of my organizational and time-management abilities along with safe driving and effective customer-service skills for delivering or transporting variety of medical-related materials to clients.
Summary of Skills:
- More than 5 years of courier experience and knowledge of local area and efficient routes of the city and understanding of traffic patterns
- Hold a valid and unrestricted driver's license with a good driving record
- Highly skilled in driving cars or bikes safely and for extended periods of time
- Ability to work with flexible schedules, including weekends, holidays and evenings as well as in variable weather conditions
- Strong customer and interpersonal skills along with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization or with customers and clients in a professional and cordial manner
- Good sense of direction with the ability to read road maps and operate GPS as well as ability to work without close supervision
- Possess strong physical strength with the ability to drive, walk, push, lift, and transport specimens, medications, supplies, records, equipment and other medical related materials
- Ability to handle emergency situations with calmness and professionalism as well as prioritize and handle multiple tasks within strict deadlines.
Brennan Healthcare and Services, Los Angeles, CA
December 2016 - Present
- Driving throughout the city and surrounding areas ensuring pickup and delivery of a variety of medications, equipment, specimens, medical records, interoffice mail and supplies to and from the hospital within established time frames
- Acting as the primary contact between healthcare and its clients while carrying out service functions
- Assisting with effective designing of routing guides for all courier routes as well as following the most efficient or suitable routes for accomplishing daily courier tasks properly and in less time
- Adhering to all state and local traffic regulations, safety protocols as well as established hospital policies and procedures
- Washing, cleaning, fueling or checking tires and fluids as well as managing records related to vehicle maintenance and mileage
- Promptly reporting any problems with vehicles that can delay timely delivery or become a cause for accidents
- Riding along with newly hired couriers for training purposes as well as sending daily reports to the supervisors in detail
- Ensuring accurate documentation of specimens and other delivering items as well as respecting and maintaining the confidentiality of information related to patients, hospital or clients
- Assisting with moving medical equipment or supplies between different locations as required.
Burnet Hospital, Los Angeles, CA
September 2014 - November 2016
- Transported and delivered equipment, medication, specimens, X-ray and other reports, hazardous materials and various medical records to a specified location while maintaining communication with the courier manager
- Accurately tracked all items through the transportation cycle as well as correctly sorted, and delivered materials to departments and recipients at each location
- Maintained logs and documentation for all deliveries as well as obtained all required signatures
- Conducted pre and post trip vehicle inspections and maintained a clean, neat and orderly vehicle
- Worked as a back-up on-call driver for other shifts or routes when needed
- Maintained compliance with established hospital policies, procedures and safety policies as well
- Presented and maintained a professional image through effective appearance and interaction while providing exceptional customer services to clients and the public.
Pro-path Healthcare, Los Angeles, CA
January 2013 - August 2014
- Operated company owned vehicle in a safe manner to deliver and pick-up various reports, specimens, supplies, laboratory samples and other items in all types of weather
- Assisted with sorting of deliveries according to specimen type and department as required as well as ensured safety of each and every item during delivery
- Kept logs of items received and delivered as well as maintained daily activity records indicating number of trips, destinations, arrival and departure times and the number of requests
- Maintained regular communication with supervisor and staff and responded promptly to calls and messages as well as notified supervisors of any concerns, issues or delays like emergency vehicle repair or maintenance
- Monitored demands for courier services as well as reported need for changes in routing and schedules
- Practiced safe driving skills during transport as well as adhered to all driving regulations.
High School Diploma
Port Barre High School, Los Angeles, CA