Sample Public Relations Resume
- Public Relations Resume
- Sample Public Relations Resume
Public relations (PR) is a field which is gaining a lot of importance in the organizational structure of many companies. The main objective of public relations is to promote goodwill and peaceful relations between the organization and the general community. In order to achieve this, PR departments carry out a number of tasks such as media conferences, handing out press releases, buzz generation through various outlets, etc. There are various positions in the field of public relations and one can work as a PR director, PR assistant, PR analyst, etc. Specific tasks are carried out by skilled individuals with the right educational background and relevant experience. Check out the following sample public relations resume in order to gain a better understanding on how one should write it.
Pamela J. Cisneros
3302 Simpson Street
Peoria, IL 61602
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enthusiastic, resourceful, and trainable recent graduate with academic background in communications and internship experience as Communications' Program teachers' assistant.
- Offer old-fashioned work-ethic and excellent prioritization abilities developed through balancing of rigorous academic and employment objectives throughout high school and college years.
- Professionally committed and responsible. Adapt easily to new situations. Successfully handle a wide range of functions using a combination of creative, organizational, and writing skills.
- Maintain focus in demanding work environments, under deadline and pressure conditions. Meet challenges head-on and always find a way to effectively complete multiple assignments or tasks.
Bachelor of Arts in Communications, C.W. Post University, Greenvale, NY May, xxxx
Courses included Introduction to Public Relations, Message Criticism, Advanced Public Speaking, Interpersonal Communications, Organizational Communication, and Persuasion.
Computer and Communication Skills
- Teachers' Assistant C.W. Post University, Greenvale NY Spring, xxxx
- Assisted professors in planning, teaching, and record-keeping for forty-two students in two Communications classes: Interpersonal Communication and Group Interaction and Discussion.
- Tutored students daily and taught one day per week.
- Wrote study guides and held review sessions. Aided in preparation of professors' lesson plans and prepared lesson plans for own teaching. Served as liaison between students and teachers. Kept teachers' attendance records and grade book.
- Originally suggested internship to one professor and pursued existing opportunity with the other. Received excellent evaluations from each teacher and from students.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Work in PC and Mac environments. Accomplished writer, editor, and public speaker. Conversant in Spanish.
Delicatessen Clerk Pathmark Supermarket
1999 to xxxx
Theater Attendant Multiplex Theater
1998 to 1999
Dietary Aide to the Elderly St. Mary's Nursing Home
1995 to 1997
Sales Associate and Cashier Rainbow Shop
1994 to 1995
Sample Public Relations Resume 2
Public relations is all about building and maintaining a healthy relation between the organization and its clients and in society. In order to work in the field of public relations, an individual needs to possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills since communicating with various types of people is one of the core functions that a PR person has to undertake. Depending upon the specific job type in public relations, a professional may have to communicate with various media outlets and coordinate with senior management on taking critical PR decisions. Given below is a sample public relations resume, which will help you in gaining better understanding on how to write your own resume which will increase your chances of securing the job.
Danny J. Lieber
2540 Snowbird Lane
Lincoln, NE 68501
Email ID: email@example.com
Professional with five years communications experience in areas such as:
- Strategic Communications Plans
- Development and Production of Publications
- Presentations and Oral Communications
- Internal Communications
- Media Relations
- Writing Articles
- Public Relations Training
- Special Events Training
Director of Public Relations
- Raised public awareness about the XXX an average of 10% annually through the development and implementation of the first strategic communications plan.
- Increased participation in the XXX Program by 50% through the development and implementation of a program outreach plan.
- Increased media coverage by 37% through the institution of a media relations program, which included serving as media contact; pitching stories to local and national media, including online services; writing press releases; providing print and broadcast interviews; and developing media materials such as fact sheets and press kits.
Public Information Specialist
- Educated members of Congress about the role and importance of the National Park Service (NPS) by participating in a public affairs campaign that promoted the agency. Developed policy bulletins and an educational packet that was distributed to members of Congress, as well as the media and NPs employees.
- Expanded public participation in the NPs cherry blossom interpretive program by 20% through the implementation of a public relations campaign that publicized the program to local print and broadcast media.
DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC RELATIONS, XXXX Association, New York, NY
PUBLIC INFORMATION SPECIALIST, XXXX Consultants, Los Angeles, CA
The American University, Washington, D.C. (1994 - 1996)
M.A., International Relations
Drew University, Madison, NJ (1991 - 1994)
B.A., Political Science
Member, International Association of XXX, Washington, DC chapter 1997-present Member, XXX Society of America, Washington, DC chapter 1997-present Member, XXX Society, Washington, DC chapter 1999-present Member, XXX Commission, XXXX 1997-1999 Member, XXX Committee, XXX 1999-present
Sample Public Relations Resume 3
The public relations department in an organization works hard to improve the company's relationship with the general community and media. They present the company's image and policies to the world in a good manner, thus enhancing its reputation. Public relations representatives often have to work for long hours in order to secure new clients for the company or maintain goodwill with the existing clients. A person aiming to work in public relations needs to have a strong mindset and ability to handle difficult situations. He/she also needs to have strong communication and interpersonal skills. These skills along with relevant educational details and past job experience needs to be mentioned on a public relations resume.
Charles J. Weiss
3483 University Drive
Chicago, IL 60610
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public relations/event planning position
B.S., Mass Communication
- Public Relations Emphasis May 2004
University of Utah
, Salt Lake City, Utah
PUBLIC RELATIONS/DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE
Public Relations Intern
- 3.6 major GPA, 3.3 cumulative GPA, Public Relations Student Society of America member.
- Achieved 4th-year level of Spanish conversation and literature knowledge.
- Created personal Web site of multiple pages, graphics, and links at www.no.such.page.
- Collaborated with 3 classmates to create tri-fold informational brochure for Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater
Salt Lake. Interviewed administrators, volunteers, and club participants to determine desired messages.
Wrote copy to communicate key concepts of club's fun, diversity, and community.
Hot Shot PR Agency
, Provo, Utah
- Wrote press releases on new product introductions for XYZ Bakery and ABC Engineering, resulting in products being featured on KSTU Fox and KTVX ABC TV morning news shows.
- Researched construction, outdoor sports, and needlecraft trade journals for potential story pitches.
Voces y Votas
, Salt Lake City, Utah
Helped plan "Abr Agency" fund-raising event for city's largest Latino political action organization. Solicited businesses for door prizes, resulting in 12% increase in dollar value of prizes and 5% increase in number of prizes over previous year.
Volunteer Publicity Chair
Sept. 2001-May 2003
, Salt Lake City, Utah
Publicized monthly social and educational meetings. Produced all fliers, posters, newspaper ads, annual brochures for campus-wide distribution. Created theme for each year's activities and appropriate tag lines for each event. Annual attendance increased 2% over each previous year.
, West Valley City, Utah
- Supervise 8 customer service representatives who sell credit cards. Monitor calls, give regular one-to-one feedback, establish individual and team goals. Create motivational competitions.
- Promoted 3 times in 2 years. In current position since May 2003.
- Coached team 4 times to monthly "Top Team" award (of 7 teams) in May-Sept. 2003 period.
- Created tracking system to repair incorrect balance transfers that was implemented company-wide.
- Adobe Photoshop, QuarkXPress, HTML, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Digital, 35 mm, video photography
- Associated Press style, proofreading, editing text from multiple contributors into coherent whole
- Good knowledge of spoken and written Spanish