ESL Teacher Resume
ESL (English as a Second Language) teachers work with educational sectors of all levels such as elementary, middle, and high school as well as with non-profit organizations.
They may teach English language to children in school and colleges, and to adults in non-profit organizations.
While providing English lessons in educational institutions is for enabling students complete academic studies, the education provided to adults in non-profit organizations is for job preparation where most learners are adults.
The duties of the ESL teachers when training adults is to prepare curriculum and improve speaking and writing skills.
Whereas, in public and government schools, they will help students learn how to read, write, and converse in English language.
The teachers may also be hired by private companies to train non-English speaking employees by providing them English classes.
Sample ESL Teacher Resume
Samuel S. Sheeran
4952 Asylum Avenue
Wallingford, CT 06492
To work with a non-profit organization as an ESL teacher and help adults in gaining fluency in English language and be prepared for the job.
Summary of Skills:
- High compassion for teaching profession and ethics
- Familiar with the issues non-English speaking individuals face during job interviews
- Outstanding command over spoken and written English
- Creative in designing and delivering lessons to adults
- Strong knowledge of US culture and abilities to teach the same to people of other countries
- Skilled in developing homework assignments and evaluating test results
Rolling Hills Public School, Wallingford, CT
October 2014 - Present
- Preparing and delivering effective lessons and motivating students in learning English
- Organizing and leading group discussion in classrooms on diverse topics
- Assigning, correcting, and grading homework and identifying areas in need of improvement
- Maintaining students' attendance, grades, classroom calendar, and progress graph
- Conducting field trips and appointing a supervisor among students to lead the group
- Inspiring and praising students' attempts in learning English language
Positive Learning Attitude, Wallingford, CT
February 2013 - September 2014
- Prepared English lessons from basic to advanced and supervised classes
- Provided tips on rules and guidelines on English grammar and helped them identify parts of speech and sentence structure
- Assessed characteristics of each students and provided personalized instructional program
- Maintained and recorded complete lesson plans, students details, and test results
- Developed close relationship with students and parents and shared personal opinions of various topics
- Provided textbooks, videos, online lessons, and pronunciation techniques to students
- Bachelor's Degree in Arts
ABC University, Wallingford, CT