Accounts Payable Analyst Resume
An accounts payable analyst handles the analytical aspects of the accounts payable department. They are responsible for analyzing
the payment procedures and trends of the organization. They study the work proceedings and the payment documents of the organization and judge the effectiveness of the current system applied in the organization. Their ultimate objective is to ensure payments are sent out by the organization on time and in required manner.
The role of an accounts payable analyst is both, interesting and challenging. If you are keen on making a career in this field of accountancy, consider the given accounts payable resume sample and make an easy entry into this field.
For cover letter help, see our Accounts Payable Analyst Cover Letter
Accounts Payable Analyst Resume Example
7, Franklin Street, Seattle, WA 14403
Telephone number: 808 - 222 - 1313
Email id: email@example.com
To attain the position of accounts payable analyst in an organization and use my accounting skills to proficiently handle the accounts payable functions of the organization.
- Highly knowledgeable in accounting standards, principles and practices relevant to work requirements
- Excellent observation and detailing skills that help maintain accuracy and completeness within the departmental documents
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with the local, state and federal regulations concerning accounting procedures of the organization
- Effective organizational, leadership and task management skills
Designation : Accounts Payable Analyst
Organization name : Sapphire Finance Data Inc, Seattle
Duration : June 2013 - till date
- Compile the payment data for the last quarter and figure out the payment trends. Based on the observations, ensure availability of necessary funds in the account for timely payments.
- Determine an accurate accounts payable system and procedure for the staff members to follow
- Monitor the procedures for invoice processing and funds disbursement. Suggest ways to make improvements within the procedures to ensure cost effectiveness and time effectiveness.
- Study the cases of non-payments of the organization and report the reasons for the same. Also, make suggestions to eliminate those shortcomings within the report.
: Accounts Payable Analyst
: Emerald Financial Solutions Inc, Seattle
: April 2011 - May 2013
- Analyze the current accounts payable system in practice and evaluate its effectiveness and ability to give desired results
- Study and analyze all of the departmental documents and verify the data within the documents for accuracy in facts and compliance with law and organizational policies
- Update the organization about the latest methods, practices and technical support for accounts payable tasks. Analyze the utility of each and suggest the appropriate ones to the organization.
- Coordinate with the accounts receivable analyst to prepare a summarized income-expenses report
Educational Qualifications :
Qualification: Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy
Awarding Body: Seattle University
Year of Passing: 2011
- Qualification: Diploma in Bookkeeping Practices
Awarding Body: Seattle University
Year of Passing: 2012
Technical Competence :
- Highly skilled in using accounting softwares like QuickBooks, Peachtree etc
- Highly skilled in using MS Office Applications - MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel
Will be provided on request.
Accounts Payable Analyst Job Description