Accounts Payable Analyst Job Description
An account payable analyst is generally found in an office or a company where payments are received and require to be managed, submitted, reviewed and written for the maintenance of full and binary volumed account records. The accounts payable analyst responsibilities include participating in the technical aspects of the process of accounts.
The accounts payable analyst observes, assesses, applies invoices for acquisition orders, payments for electronic objects and manages check requests manually within a department or in the whole company. The size of the company may vary from one place to another with one or more than one accounts payable analyst. He has the following key responsibilities:
Key Responsibilities Of Accounts Payable Analyst
- Processing full cycle accounts payable
- Acquiring and confirming the invoices directed for different services
- Trailing and breaking down disagreements related to the activities of the invoices
- Printing, preparing and recording all the checks received
- Allocating and writing monthly reports based on the financial conditions
- Paying checks to the accounts of vendors or customers
- Carrying out wire and ACH dealings and preparing bank down payments
- Examining invoices for approval via e mail and entering paperless data using workflows, accounting platforms and double monitors
- Ensuring approval of the expenses by the individuals with their signing authority and the expenses for business relationship alongside
- Running checks and EFT payments on a weekly basis
- Resoluting account disagreements with the vendors and internal managers
- Assisting subordinates with other projects, as and when needed
- Replying to the queries from the vendors
- Performing a great deal of paperwork with regard to the payments received
- Managing incoming calls from the vendors with regard to the payments
- Ensuring timely and accurate payment to the vendors
- Providing both internal as well as external customer services in an effectual and cost-effective manner
- Performing tests to see whether the systems are effectual or not
- Preparing reports of the activities of accounts payable on a weekly basis
- Abiding by all the policy rules and regulations of the company so that the targets are met on time
- Communicating with the supervisor in case of any technical glitches that won't allow the targets to be met
- Solving the matters related to the in-house staff, branch staff, vendors and the corporate staff
- Informing the supervisor in case the conflict matters among the employees have not been resolved
- Ensuring that all the matters have been raised in accordance with the guidelines or rules and regulations of the company
- Providing the supervisor with necessary suggestions to enhance the work environment of the company
Qualifications and Skills
The candidate must be a graduate in accounting or in a similar field. A post graduate in commerce with honors in accounts would be an asset for the position. An MBA in finance would be apt for the position as well. He must be well acquainted with computer aplications and book keeping methods. He should have the ability to work under stress and should be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. One year of prior accounting experience will be very much required in executing tasks related to accounts payable. He should be able to analyse problems and work out their solutions effectively and accordingly. He should have presence of mind and good calculating skills. The candidate must have a sound mind and body and should be able to adjust with his work environment and follow the ethics of the company where he works.
He works in an office and spends long hours typing figures in the computer or calculating. He indulges in a lot of paper work and remains extremely busy in order to meet the deadlines. He attends many phone calls from vendors and customers and is engaged resolving their issues.
He earns USD 38, 812 to USD 46, 960 on an average per annum. But this may vary from one company to another depending on the place.
Thus, the accounts payable analyst responsibilities include maintaining and processing all the accounts payable transactions and performing other general duties with regard to accounts payable.
Accounts Payable Analyst Resume
Accounts Payable Analyst Cover Letter