Back Office Executive Job Description
Back office is the support office of every organization. Back office provides support to the management of the organization in performing their key responsibilities. It provides documentation and technical support that simplify the work of those employees handling the front office.
Every organization is required to coordinate with their customers and associates in order to transact business. The employees who communicate with outsiders via personal meetings, telephone, or email; handle the reception in the office premise; carry out business development activities; etc., all constitute as the front office management of the organization. They are representatives of the organization.
The work of the front office employees is supported by the back office employees. They do not face the customers and clients directly but handle functions as required by the front office. They act like the backbone of the organization.
Back Office Executive Responsibilities
- Processing The back office handles the entire responsibility of processing the projects acquired by the front office.
The responsibilities differ with the nature of the project, but mainly include arranging materials or services, tracking delivery of goods, keeping accounts, fixing up appointments, taking feedbacks, etc. Processing work of the clients is the chief responsibility of the back office executives.
- Data Management- Data management refers to drafting, checking, and storing various documents required by the management. It includes documents related to employees, finance, marketing, law, etc.The documentation team is responsible to gather the information, check the authenticity, design a format for representation, and prepare the documents. Executives must make sure the documents adhere to the organizational, legal, and contractual policies.
- Market Research- Executives are expected to study the markets and analyze the behavior of the market under current and future circumstances. Executives keep track of the economic conditions prevailing in the market whether it is recession or a boom period.They study consumer behavior and conclude what users like and do not like. They study the competition in the market by tracking the performance of the competing brands. Based on this research, they provide guidelines to the organization to plan the course of action for the future.
- Analysis- Research and analysis go hand in hand. A team of analysts is responsible to interpret the research readings and make conclusions about market and consumer trends. Analysis helps to bring out several alternatives to a situation and convey the advantages and disadvantages of making every decision.They provide the knowledge base, necessary for the management to make decisions.
- Accounting and Finance- In some organizations, the back office has a dedicated team of specialists to look after the finances of the organization. This team receives bills and receipts from the front office management. Accordingly, the team enters the relevant information in the books of accounts and processes accounts every week, month, and year. They ensure the accounts are maintained in accordance to the business laws.
Back office executives work in several industries. They work for healthcare, market research, sales & marketing, banking, insurance, and several other similar industries. There are no major prerequisites for working at this position. However, a bachelor's degree in the relevant field improves the job scope of the candidate.
If you are keen on taking up the job profile of a back office executive professionally, then it would be better to sharpen your communication, analytical, and organizational skills. Executives work on that position for 3-5 years. After gaining sufficient experience, they get promoted to supervisors, team leads, managers, etc.
Back office executive responsibilities go hand in hand with those of the front office executives. They have to work together as a team to be able to complete projects on time. Hence, working as an executive for the back office will help you to add commendable work experience to your resume.
Do you need a resume help, then explore our Back Office Executive Resume