Resignation Letter Writing Tips
Of Undermining the importance of a resignation letter is a common error. A resignation letter is an important document that conveys many things. It communicates to the employer that you have been a part of the organization and serves as a written document that you are giving a formal notice that you wish to resign. Therefore, it is very important that you should know how to write a resignation letter.
In this article, we shall not only discuss how to write a good resignation letter, but also take a look at some of the tips for writing a resignation letter.
What to include in your resignation letter:
- When you resign, it is advisable to talk to your superior and let him or her know that you plan to resign. This will ensure that your resignation process proceeds in a smooth manner.
- Talk to your colleagues, friends or the concerned authorities and get to know if there is any fixed procedure for the process of resignation.
- Before you give a formal notice, also get to know the notice period that you are supposed to serve for your resignation.
- Make sure that you mention your last working date and the designation from which you wish to resign.
- Recollect your past experiences and state how you were able to grow as an individual and how your colleagues, juniors or seniors extended their help to you, which enabled you to work efficiently.
- Offer to help in the transition period. You can extend your help to the administration department, and other departments which will make things easy for the person who replaces you.
- In your concluding paragraph, thank your employer for providing you the opportunity to work for this organization. If possible, you can give the contact details on which you will be available.
Tips for writing a resignation letter:
- Try to make your resignation letter concise and to the point. Use short sentences.
- Give only positive reasons to resign. If you want to resign because you do not like the job or the company, then it is advisable to keep this information to yourself.
- If there are any lengthy details that you want to give for your resignation, then you can do so when you have a meeting.
- After you have finished writing your resignation letter, read it again and check if it will leave a positive impression on the mind of the reader. This is very important as you never know whose help you might need in the future.
- Ask for a reference letter from your company.
When you plan to resign, it is important that you should tell your immediate superior first and then your human resource manager. He or she should not come to know about your plans from other employees. After you write your resignation letter, it is a good thing to hand it over personally to the concerned authority. Make sure that when you leave your organization, you leave behind friends who would be able to help you in future.
Let see types of Resignation Letter: