A handyman, as the job title suggests, is expert in using hands for making a variety of things functional. The types of duties they execute is not easy to describe since there are many types of job they may handle on each working day.
They are seen installing a door, fixing faucets, electrical socket, broken legs of any furniture, painting, repairing air conditioner, laying tiles on the floor, and performing some landscaping in the backyard. This mean these personnel are well-versed in handling indoor as well as outdoor jobs.
The range of duties they perform also shows that they are experienced in any and all types of maintenance and repair works generally needed at home and offices. To be a handyman, you have to hold skills in performing electrical, plumbing, and carpentry repair and services, including cleaning, landscaping, and painting.
Sample Handyman Resume
George M. Briscoe
419 Kelly Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
Looking for a handyman job position with “Delight Hotel,” to handle upkeep and repair tasks of the interior and exterior of the hotel.
Summary of Skills:
- Experienced handyman with good service records
- Experienced in working with electrical, plumbing, and carpentry tools and equipment
- Thorough knowledge of HVAC systems and measuring areas and materials
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
- High observation and good time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute daily tasks with perfection
Rapid Services, Charlotte, NC
October 2015 - Present
- Visiting clients as per complaints registered in the log book and performing routine repair and maintenance
- Repairing and cleaning interior and exterior of premises
- Managing preventive maintenance program and preparing daily log report
- Repairing faulty appliances, toilets, and fixing minor electrical issues
- Painting building's interior and exterior and cleaning the floors
- Checking operating equipment and performing minor repairs
All Purpose Services, Charlotte, NC
February 2012 - September 2015
- Swept, cleaned, and dusted clients' facilities
- Performed light repairs and maintenance
- Performed daily landscaping duties on the grounds
- Painted and filled gaps on sidewalks, floors, ceilings, etc.
- Fixed doors and installed door bells, and key holes
- Repaired and replaced mail box as required
- Removed stains from the walls and painted buildings
- High School Diploma
St. Xavier's School, Charlotte, NC
- Certified Handyman
Association of Certified Handyman Professionals, Charlotte, NC
Related Cover Letter
Handyman Cover Letter