Accounting Skills for Resume
To land a good job as an accountant, write good accounting skills for resume. These skills should be such that they will highlight your skills as a professional accountant. Most employers are not really looking for many other skills from an accountant; therefore, concentrate the skills section more on the accounting education and experience.
Accounting is quite an old profession and is one of the most important positions in a business. Their work is to maintain all the financial data of the company. This data is used to determine profits and losses, and other important details like taxes owed to the government. There is a lot more that can be determined from the accounts data. Predictions of future profits and losses and many other such important information can be derived from the accounting numbers.
The accountants first have to highlight their accounting skills. They have to mention knowledge about accounting and the type of companies they have worked for previously. The accounting laws change over a period of time; therefore, the accountants have to constantly update themselves.
Though companies do not really look for additional skills in their accounting, they do look for skills that would be good in a workplace. Therefore, if you posses any of these skills, they are also supposed to be mentioned in the resume.
Accountant means not just a simple accountant, there are many different kinds of accountants. Hence, we have given resume skills examples of different accountant for you to understand better. Read the accounting skills for resume given below.
- Have maintained account books and other financial data for many mid-level companies
- Was the head accountant and managed a team of five junior accountants
- Was also given the charge of maintaining accounts for other subsidiary companies of our main company
- Regularly updated accounts so that the books always remained balanced whenever required by the management
- Balanced the book on time and presented them to senior management at each financial year-ending
- Promptly reported any discrepancies in the financial data to he management and sorted out the problems quickly
- Strictly adhered to all the rules and regulations of the latest accounting laws and the laws of the companies
- Provided training to all the junior accountants and taught them accounting protocols of the company
- Worked well with heads in the company and ensued the was coordination of financial data between all the departments
- Provided financial solutions for the company during business slowdown which allowed to the company to retaining the staff instead to making cuts
- Posses accounting knowledge of other European countries as well which allowed the company to do business with Europe based companies
- Maintained tax account books for the previous companies I worked in
- Always calculated the taxes payable correctly and sought for rebates wherever they were applicable which saved the company unnecessary taxes
- Maintained regular reports and worked with the other accountants of the company
- Worked closely with the tax attorney of the company and ensured that all rules are followed while paying taxes
- Great with numbers and assist all the other accountants of the company as well in maintaining the daily accounts
- Maintained confidentiality of the tax accounts and ensured the reports were directly submitted to the senior management
- Would constantly update self and the latest additions and changes in the tax laws of country and state
- Looked at the tax reputation of other companies before our company would do business with them
The accounting skills for resume of an accountant should lean more on the accounts and bookkeeping. Other qualities can also be mentioned below, but ensure that the skill section does not become long. These skills can be used as examples while writing any accountant resume.