IT Field Technician Resume
IT field technicians are required by companies to visit clients and fix the problems arising to their computer systems. These can be anything from software to hardware issues. They work in tandem with the technical support team and diagnose IT issues for finding remedies. They perform routine upgrades and updates to computer systems.
Applying for a job
The job of an IT technician necessitates in-depth knowledge and understanding of computer systems and networks. These skills need to be correctly mentioned in your resume along with past experience. You need to clearly explain how you performed your assigned tasks during past jobs. Educational qualifications and contact details need to be present at the right place.
For knowing more about the profile writing process, check the sample IT field technician resume provided below.
IT Field Technician Resume Example
Address: 876 Court Street,
Phone Number - (301) 722 - 8190
E Mail ID: email@example.com
Candidate with thorough knowledge about maintaining computer systems, configuration and installation of software, seeks to work as an IT field technician for a reputed IT organization.
- Quality skills in installing, configuring and maintaining the software
- Expert in solving hardware related problems
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Superior team player
- Extraordinary skills in handling different types of Operating Systems and their different Versions e.g. Macintosh, Microsoft Windows all versions, UNIX, GNU etc.
Post: IT Field Technician
Organization: CompuPro Softwares, Washington DC
Duration: May 2013 till date
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Providing field based break/fix activities
- Giving assistant to different clients including Multi National Companies and home users
- Delivering software to client personally
- Installing the right software into respective systems
- Assigning Id and Passwords to each user
- Training respected personnel in using software
- Answering the queries in person or on telephone or email
Post: Associate IT Field Technician
Organization: VirusRival Antivirus, Washington DC
Duration: March 2009 till March 2013
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Giving advise to clients on different Antivirus software available and suggesting them one according to their needs
- Assisting the field engineer in installing, configuring and maintaining antivirus installed on systems
- Educating the customers on use of the antivirus
- Coordinating with multiple wholesalers, vendors, departments and field staff for identifying technical requirements
- Conveying the problems related to software if any to the developing team
- Assisting in repairing hardware as ordered by the engineer
Obtained a Bachelor's degree in Computers from Community College, Washington DC
Will be provided on request.