Employment Specialist Resume
- Employee Relations Resume
- Employment Specialist Resume
An employment specialist provides services to the clients related to the employment counselling and other things which would make the client job-ready. This is just an entry-level position in an employment agency, thus preparing the incumbents to deal with the clients and other such jobs. This professional basically prepares the profile of the candidate and suggests suitable jobs for him. The skills needed for this position are good communication, in-depth knowledge of the market, analytical abilities, judgement of human nature, etc. This sample resume is of such an applicant who seems to have all the necessary qualities required and hence is suitable for this job.
Sample Employment Specialist Resume
Timothy D. Stark
4244 Aspen Court
Cambridge, MA 02138
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain a career position in human resources focusing on industrial relations.
Parliamentary Research Assistant
Feb 04-May 04
Rt. Hon. STEPHEN BYERS, MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT
- Researched public policy initiatives for legislative consideration in the British House of
- Addressed constituent concerns, community affairs and managed media correspondence.
- Managed front office operations (executive officer support, administrative functions, record keeping).
- Political and Economic Affairs Intern
May 03- Aug 03
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE, ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL AFFAIRS SECTION,
U.S. EMBASSY BELIZE
- Researched and authored investigative reports on Belizean social and political affairs.
- Organized special events to improve bilateral relations and cross - cultural understanding.
Sep 01 - May 03
U.S. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMISSION, Chicago District Office
- Screened complaints to determine if they fell within the agency's purview (ADA, Civil Rights Act, ADEA, EPA).
- Conducted interviews, statistical research and labor policy analysis to investigate employment discrimination claims.
- Negotiated settlement agreements to resolve claims.
- Volunteer Activities: Revamped outreach to underserved communities by orchestrating collaborative grass-roots programs involving multiple federal agencies. Counseled human resource managers on EEO legislation and compliance. Represented the EEOC at Presidential Classroom (Feb 03).
Feb 01-Jun 01
DAILY BRUIN, UCLA STUDENT MEDIA
- Completed a journalism training course on research, writing and editing techniques.
- Brainstormed story ideas, planned copy layout, designed graphic illustrations and authored articles for publication.
London School of Economics and Political Science
Sep 03- Sep 04
- Masters in Social Policy and Planning with coursework concentration in labor relations.
- Authored “African and Native blood in American Public Policy” for publication in Race, Roots and Relations (2005).
- Chapter Leader of the Chicago alumni association. Responsible for advising prospective students, organizing social events and managing public relations.
- University of California, Los Angeles Sep 97-Aug 01
- Bachelors in Political Science and International Development Studies. Magna Cum Laude.
- Major GPA: 3.83 out of 4.0; Global GPA: 3.73 out of 4.0
- Academic Honors: Golden Key Honors Society, National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Political Science Honors Society
- Activities: Immigrant Literacy Development Project (Sep 98-Dec 99), Reiber Hall Basketball team (Sep 98 - Dec 99), Bruin Belles Service Association (Sep 98-Jun 99), Bilingual Educator (Jun 00-Dec 00), Project Literacy (Jan 01-Jun 01).
Universidad de Costa Rica, San Jose Jan 00-Dec 00
- Scholarship recipient for year-long study abroad. Completed all coursework in Spanish.
- Domestic Violence Advocate with Rainbow House
- Mentor for Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Metropolitan Chicago
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistant (VITA) for The Center for Economic Progress
- Solid background in employment law and labor dispute mediation
- Functionally fluent in written and spoken Spanish
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Facility in cross-cultural communications and diversity management
- Willingness to learn, develop skills and work to accomplish goals.
Avid international traveler, salsa dancer, outdoors enthusiast.